How I beat procrastination

Share |

I was always putting off my dream and saying I will work on it tomorrow. The next day, I promised to myself – I’m starting tomorrow. The next days – the same. I was always wasting tomorrow. There was always a problem, a hindrance, something unexpected.
In the hustle and bustle of life, in this noisy world, we often forget our dreams, we have problems, worries, we are under stress and we lose motivation. That’s what happened to me, too. I had a strong why and a compelling vision related to my dream, but I forgot it. The result was I felt like walking dead, my heart and soul were almost asleep.
The waking call came in the form of a video and two letters. What do you choose “pain on the road to success or the pain of being haunted with regret”? – Some of the words from EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES by Prince Ea.
It’s too late – I said to myself – I’m too old now to pursue my dream.
“Do you know how old I’ll be by the time I learn to play the piano?
The same age, you will be if you don’t” (The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron)
I don’t want to get to the end of my life and say “What if …?”
So I created my vision statement and started writing it every morning in my journal – to stay emotionally engaged with my dream. I kept writing it and I felt inspired by that but I still didn’t take any actions.
One day, by chance, I read an email by Dean Graziosi. The words went like – The word of the day IMPLEMENTATION! There is MORE…There’s more for you out there, more success, more income, more abundance, more of everything, but it requires you to take an action. Start small – one step today. Then the next day – more steps and the next weeks add more and more steps.
After reading the whole letter, I felt very inspired. Then, I decided to check my other email. What a coincidence! There was a similar letter. That time by Jim Rohn. I opened it and wow – That was the moment everything changed for me!
“Don’t Wait Until Tomorrow”
All too often, we will waste tomorrow as we wasted yesterday… and as we are wasting today.
Learn to develop a sense of urgency and stop wasting your "tomorrow."
“Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.”
 
Each of us must pause frequently to remind ourselves that the clock is ticking.
(You can read the whole article here: http://www.success.com/article/rohn-dont-wait-until-tomorrow - Highly recommended!)
Those valuable words were a great reminder for me that time is transient and I have to take an action NOW. I copied those words in my journal, turned off the computer and started working on my dream. Today is already day number 5 and it feels awesome! It feels wonderful to write every day in your journal – Accomplishments – Working on my dream!
I’m starting to wake up with my dream, to wake up for a new life – life of chasing your dreams with fire each and every day, life of living your full potential and being more determined, patient and persistent on the road to your dreams, life of being a HERO!
 
You may also want to read my article – Why are you wasting your time? - a real dream, a real story, a real fight…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...